This blog post will teach you how to install blokada on Firestick. Blokada is a third-party ad-blocker for Firestick that removes all ads, including video ads, from your streaming experience. It also blocks malware and trackers from infecting your device with viruses or stealing your personal information.
Installing Blokada on Firestick
1. Launch your fire stick device
2. On the home screen, select Settings.
3. Select My Fire TV.
4. Select Developer option.
5. Next, enable the ADB debugging and App from unknown sources by clicking Turn ON.
6. Go back to the home menu and select the search icon.
7. Enter downloader
8. Select the downloader icon.
9. Select get or download.
10. After installing the downloader app, go back to the home screen.
11. Now, open the downloader and hover on the URL: and type blokada.org and select GO.
12. When the blokada.org link opens, scroll up and click on the Menu option.
13. Select Download on the submenu.
Note: you will see a list of versions; best select the latest version.
14. Wait for the downloading to complete.
15. Select Install.
16. Select Done and click on Delete.
17. Select Delete again, and this will erase the raw APK file.
18. Return to the home screen. Navigate and select App center. There you will find the Blokada app.
How to Activate Blokada on Firestick
1. Open Blokada app.
2. Click on the power icon to activate the Blokada app. When prompted with a warning message, select OK. That’s it; you have activated Blokada on your Firestick.
How to explore Blokada App
1. On the Blokada home menu, Scroll down and click on the 3-line and then select the Ad blocking option.
2. Click Host Log to view the list of blocked Ads.
3. Return to the home screen after viewing blocked ads.
How to Use Blokada?
Blokada’s interface is very intuitive and easy to use. All you need to do is select the apps from which you want to block ads, set your preferences (e.g., whether or not to allow video ads), then hit “Start blocking!”
What is the Blokada app?
Blokada is a free and open-source application that blocks ads.
Why should I install Blokada?
Blokada helps you to enjoy ad free experience on your streaming device. You will not worry about incessant ads popping up while you are watching movies or any other content on the device. Installing this app also helps protect your online data from being stolen by third-party ads companies, etc.
Features of Blokada
- Free to download and use.
- Block ads on firestick/your device
- Protects from viruses and malware.
- Blocks trackers that steal your information
- It prevents Firestick from crashing due to malware.
Pros of Blokada
- Protects your privacy from trackers such as Facebook or Google
- It prevents you from being tracked when surfing the web.
- More battery life on your device (if mobile devices) because of less data usage (data savings)
- Blokada is free and open-source
- Blocks ads, tracking, malware
- Lesser distraction while browsing
Cons of Blokada
- No way to whitelist some websites
- Some devices may have issues with the application running on them.
- There’s a chance that you won’t be able to surf any site if your device is blocked.
- Some content from certain websites may not be readable
- You will suffer from occasional force closes when using this App
- Blokada may also cause some apps not to work properly
Can Blokada block ads on YouTube?
Yes, Blokada can only reduce block ads on YouTube. However, it does not stop in-video ads.
Blokada Alternative Apps
AdBlocker Ultimate is a free and open-source ad blocker for Android devices which blocks ads on all of your applications.
AdAway is an Android application that allows the user to remove most mobile ads from their device.
Adblock Plus, also known as ABP, consists of two components: an “acceptable ads” filter list that lets some non-intrusive advertising through its filters; and a subscription service that removes ads from “unacceptable” companies.
AdBlock Plus is an open-source ad blocker for the device. After installation, it will block all advertisements on the websites you visit, making them cleaner and faster loading without any annoying effects like pop-ups or other distractions. If necessary, AdBlock Plus can also provide some privacy protection by blocking trackers and other malicious advertisements.
Troubleshooting: Why is Blokada not working?
Your device is running on an unsupported Operating system. If you have a firewall installed on your device and it blocks Blokada from accessing the internet. Tried all these, and blokada doesn’t work for you? Please contact the developer via “contact us” or through the website’s support page so you can get help.
How do I uninstall it?
Go to settings > apps and press “manage applications,” then scroll down the search for ‘Blokada’ in the list of installed apps. Click ‘uninstall’. Now you have successfully
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use Blokada on my computer?
Yes, you can download the desktop version of this App.
Can Blokada be trusted?
Yes. Blokada is open source, meaning that anyone can view the code and audit it to ensure there are no security bugs or backdoors. The App also has a strict policy against collecting any personal information like your IP address, geolocation data, what streaming apps, you have installed on your device (i.e., Netflix, Hulu), or what videos you are watching.
Does Blokada work on Firestick?
Yes, Blokada works on Firestick.
Does Blokada work on iOS devices like iPhones and iPads?
Yes, you can install and use this App on your Android device, iOS devices such as iPhone, MAC OS, iOS TV, etc.
Is there a way to whitelist some websites, so they don’t get blocked?
No, there is not a way to whitelist some websites, so they don’t get blocked. Blokada blocks all ads and trackers by default.
Is it safe to use Blokada App?
Yes, Blokada is safe to use. No one will be able to see what websites you visit or track your online activity while browsing the web. Blokada may also show ads that are NOT an ad and have been labeled as “sponsored links.” Still, these won’t interfere with your internet experience in any way.
Is it free to use Blokada?
Yes, Blokada is free to use.
What is the difference between Blokada and VPN?
Blokada blocks ads on the device you are using; while VPNs encrypt your traffic and routes it through an intermediary server in a location of your choosing, usually outside the country where you live.
What is Blokada 5, the VPN?
Blokada VPN is a premium service that runs in the background and provides an additional layer of protection for your device.
What does Blokada do to block ads?
This app blocks adverts on any network by using its DNS servers, public ones, or Google’s (depending on which one you choose). It also blocks tracking scripts that are hidden in some websites and a lot of ads on Facebook.
What is DNS?
Domain Name System (DNS) is a system that translates domain names (like google.com or icanhazcheezburger.com) into IP addresses. A Domain Name Server (DNS) server passes on your requests to other computers, so when you type in an address like facebook.com, it will retrieve the IP address for you to connect. DNS Records (or Domain Name System records) store all of the “who’s who, what, where, and how” information about domain names online. These allow your browser to locate any website on the internet by translating its name to an IP address.