Latest Update on How to Install Britbox on Firestick and Fire TV Cube
This write-up will teach you how to Install BritBox on a firestick device.
Are you looking for a way to watch British TV and movies on your Amazon Firestick device? The Britbox app is the answer. In this article, I will show you how to install the Britbox app on your firestick so that you can enjoy all of their great content right from the comfort of your couch.
What is the BritBox app?
Britbox is a streaming service that allows users to watch British TV and movies on their TVs, computers, tablets, or mobile devices. The service was created by ITV and BBC and was first launched in the US in 2017. Currently, Britbox has over a 1.5million unique users and has a free trial for 30 days, after which it will cost $6.99/month (plus tax) without any additional fees or hidden charges.
Why Install the Britbox App?
The Britbox app is a fantastic service that provides an all-inclusive way to watch the BBC and ITV highlights and other great UK channels. You will also find hundreds of movies and TV shows from all genres. The app is easy to use and has a user-friendly interface. If you can’t get enough of British TV, then install BritBox on your firestick today!
How to Install Britbox App on Firestick
Method #1: Installing from Amazon App store
Step 1. Open your Firestick device.
Step 2. On the home screen, select the search icon
Step 3. Type Britbox and when it appears, click on it.
Step 4. Select Get and wait for the installation to complete.
Step 5. Select Open and log in your details.
Method #2: Install Using the Downloader App
The second method is using the downloader app to sideload the Britbox app on firestick.
Step 1. Launch your firestick. On the home screen, navigate up and choose the setting icon.
Step 2. Click on My Fire TV. Choose “device” if you have an old amazon firestick.
Step 3. Click on the developer option.
Step 4. Click on both ADB debugging and Apps from unknown sources and then select ON.
Step 5. Return to the home screen.
Step 6. Select the search icon and type downloader app
Step 7. Click on the downloader app icon
Step 8. Click on download and choose install.
Step 9. Go back to the home screen and open the downloader app.
Step 10. On the URL field, use the onscreen keyboard and type: https://bit.ly/32tTzNE and select GO.
Step 11. Now, you should wait for the Britbox TV APK file to complete.
Step 12. Click on install.
Step 13. Click on Done after installation.
Step 14. Click on delete twice to erase the raw file.
Step 15. Go back to the home screen.
How to sign up for Britbox services
Step 1. Launch your browser and head to the BritBox website
Step 2. Select “Start your seven-day free trial option.”
Step 3. On the next page, register and input your details.
Step 4. You will see the payment dialog box, enter your credit card details. You will not be charged until the end of your free trial.
Features of Britbox App
- No ads
- No offline download
- Not free; however, you will enjoy up to 7 days free trial. You can also cancel when you want.
- Amazing UI
- Large library of British movies, tv shows, and lots more.
Britbox App Alternatives
Netflix is an on-demand video streaming service that offers television shows and movies to its members. Netflix has a library of over 100,000 titles which can be streamed at any time.
Acorn TV is an on-demand video streaming service that offers a variety of British programming. Acorn TV has over 800 TV shows and movies available to its members.
Pros of Britbox App
- Huge collection of ITV and British comedies: (Stacey and Gavin), box office, British movies, British documentaries, news, tv shows, live tv shows, etc. British dramas (Eastenders), and many more.
- User-friendly interface with easy-to-navigate sections and subsections.
- Daily App updating with new and latest British movies, episodes, tv shows, documentaries, and many more
- No ads
Cons of Britbox App
- Not free to use. Only free trials available.
- Some content buffer while playing.
- No offline download.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is BritBox free?
No, however, you will enjoy free trials. Canada and US residents will have up to 7-days free trials. UK residents will enjoy up to 30 days of the free trial. After your trial expires, you can choose to continue with a monthly subscription or cancel and stop watching their content at any time.
Do they have commercials?
No! When you sign up for Britbox, there will be no ads during streaming.
How Does the BritBox App Work?
If you install the BritBox app on your Fire Stick, it will sync up with your device to stream all of their content.
What Devices Does BritBox Support?
BritBox supports most devices and operating systems, including Smart TV (Roku, AppleTV), iPhone/iPad/Android phone, Android Tablet.
Britbox App and VPN
VPN stands for the virtual private network. A VPN is a service that allows you to set up your internet connection, so it appears as if it were coming from another location. VPNs are handy when watching British TV shows like Doctor Who or Midsomer Murders on American devices such as Roku since they have geo-restrictions.
How Does a VPN Work?
A virtual private network (VPN) works by creating an encrypted connection between your device and the Internet, which allows you to browse anonymously. To watch British TV shows, all we need is for our computer or mobile device to connect to a server in London that has BBC Player content. The website will then think you are in London and allow you to watch.
Benefits of Using a VPN While Streaming
VPNs have many benefits, including;
- Protecting your identity and data when you’re online. VPN connections are encrypted, so nobody can see what’s passing through the connection between you and a server in another location. Meaning all your browsing activities are hidden from prying eyes on public networks or hotspots – making it much more difficult for others to see your browsing history, identify you as a person, and track what personal information of yours they can get their hands on.
- Giving you access to content that may not otherwise be available in the country where you live or work. For instance, if Netflix is blocked because it’s from another nation – such as Canada – then a VPN will give you access to it.
- Protecting your privacy when you use public networks or hotspots. When using the Internet on a shared connection, like at an airport or coffee shop, anyone else who uses that network can see and track what pages you visit – which is why many people may prefer to log in with a VPN.
- Removing the censorship or geo-restrictions on certain sites blocked in certain countries, such as China or Iran, gives users access to more content than they would otherwise have had without a VPN service.
- A VPN can also protect your data and prevent others from intercepting what you are doing on the Internet.
Britbox is a great streaming platform for 24/7 British movies, tv shows, docs, and many more. This write-up discusses how you can easily install this awesome app on your firestick and fire tv cube. We also reviewed the Britbox app and gave you the pros and cons to expect while using this app. If you encounter any problems while installing this app, drop a comment.