In this post, you will learn the step-by-step guide on how to install BBC iPlayer on Fire TV Cube and Fire Stick devices.
You can install BBC iPlayer on your Amazon Fire TV Stick by following the steps in this article. The process is not difficult and should take less than 60 seconds to complete.
When you follow the instructions correctly, then you will be able to enjoy BBC content on your device from anywhere! BBC iPlayer is a streaming service that allows you to stream live television and watch on-demand programming from the BBC. The Fire TV Stick’s interface makes setting up an online video player like this very easy.
How to Install BBC iPlayer
The installation process comprises two methods: using the downloader app to sideload the BBC iPlayer APK file and downloading the BBC iPlayer from the Amazon App store.
Method #1: Installing BBC iPlayer on Firestick and Fire TV Cube Devices using Downloader App
Step 1. Launch your firestick device.
Step 2. From the home screen, select the settings option
Step 3. Select My Fire TV
Step 4. Choose Developer options
Step 5. Now, you will turn ON the Apps from unknown sources and ADB debugging.
Step 6. Go back to the home screen.
Step 7. Scroll up and select the search bar or magnifying glass icon
Step 8. Use the remote and type “downloader”
Step 9. When it shows up, select the downloader app icon
Step 10. Select the download or Get option
Step 11. Wait while it is downloading and installing
Step 12. Select the open option and choose Allow
Step 13. Select OK.
Step 14. Now, click on the URL field and enter this: http://bit.ly/bipl2
Step 15. Next, select the Go option and then wait for the APK file to complete downloading.
Step 16. Next, select the Install option and wait for the installation to complete.
Step 17. Select Done and click on Delete
Step 18. Select Delete again and then return to the home screen.
Method #2: Installing Using the Amazon App Store
Step 1. Launch your fire stick device
Step 2. On the home screen, select the search bar and type BBC iPlayer
Step 3. Select the BBC iPlayer app icon
Step 4. Select Get or Download and wait for the installation to complete.
What is BBC iPlayer?
The BBC iPlayer is a video-on-demand service from the BBC that offers live streamings and catch-up TV. The App can be installed in many ways, including Amazon Fire TVs, Fire TV Cube, Android TV devices, and Windows PCs. Once it’s downloaded and installed, open BBC iPlayer from the home screen or App center to watch your favorite programs live on TV or catch up with something you missed when it was broadcast. It also allows you to download content for offline viewing so that you don’t need an internet connection to enjoy great programming!
How to Sign Up for the BBC iPlayer Service
Step 1. Open your browser and go to https://account.bbc.com/register?
Step 2. You will see two options: Under 13 and 13 Or Over.
Note: If you are an adult living alone, you can choose 13 and Over. If you have kids, you can choose Under 13. It all depends on your choice. For this tutorial, I am choosing 13 and Over.
Step 3. Now, type your Date of Birth (DOB)
Step 4. Click on Continue.
Step 5. Here enter your details: Password and Username.
Step 6. Choose the United Kingdom in the country category.
Step 7. Now enter your postcode and Gender.
Step 8. Choose Register
Step 9. Next, go to your email and verify your sign-up.
Note: when prompted with choosing between these two options: Yes, Please, and No, thanks, select No Thanks and then click on Continue.
Review of BBC iPlayer App
- Allows you to stream Next: Upcoming Tv shows via the TV guide
- Well organized and arranged sections
- Huge collection of child-friendly content from BBC and other British live tv channels.
- Huge collection of categories and subcategories
- Intelligent search bar.
Features of BBC iPlayer App
- Watch live BBC channels, programs, and clips.
- Catch-Up on anything you missed from the last seven days or browse by channel so that if your favorite show isn’t airing right now, it’s just a click away!
- Download this App to watch both live and catch-up TV shows for free. You can also download shows for offline viewing, so even if you’re not connected to the internet, you can enjoy BBC programs.
- Enjoy on your TV through a number of devices: TVs, Fire TV Cube, Android TV devices, and Windows PCs.
- You wIll need an Android and iOS device to install this App. It’s available on Chromecast, Samsung Smart TV, and PS as well.
- There’s a 30-day free trial of BBC iPlayer for Android when you first install the App – once your month is up, it’ll cost £14.99 per year, or you can subscribe to one month at a time.
- The Windows version of BBC iplayer has not been updated recently – we recommend using the App on Mac, iOS, or Android.
- parental control features
- allow you to pause and continue watching live TV shows
List of Shows you can Watch on BBC iPlayer
- Family shows
- Mental health
- Most popular
- Featured content
Popular Live TV shows you will find on BBC iPlayer
- Top Gear
- Get Even
- Rio and Kate
- Line of Duty
- The Split
- Fight Dirty
- King Gary
Pros of BBC iPlayer
- Download for offline viewing
- child-friendly content
- No ads
- Zero in-app purchases
- You can choose what content you want to stream and watch
- compatible on major devices.
Cons of BBC iPlayer
- Collects your Infos for marketing purposes
- requires mouse toggle
- You need to purchase a plan to enjoy the full potential of the service
- Requires you to download another app called BBC media for viewing live programs.
On What Device can I Install BBC iPlayer?
The BBC iPlayer app can be installed on Amazon Fire TV, Android TV devices, and Windows PCs.
Is There a Premium Version?
The BBC iPlayer app has a premium version. This premium version requires you to purchase a paid subscription before using it.
Is the App Legal?
Yes, the BBC iPlayer app is legal. You ar not required to install any third-party software or download illegal content.
What are Some of the Favorite Programs on BBC iPlayer?
Some of my favorite programs on BBC iPlayer include: The Graham Norton Show, Live from Brighton with Romesh Ranganathan, Strictly Come.
What Content can I Watch on the BBC?
Watch TV live and catch up with programs that you missed, or download content for offline viewing, so you don’t need an internet connection to enjoy great programming!
Available channels include CBBC (children’s), BBC Parliament, BBC One, BBC News Channel, BBC Two, BBC Three, BBC Four, CBeebies, and many more.
Are There Ads on BBC iPlayer?
Yes, there are ads on BBC iPlayer. However, when you subscribe to the premium version, there are no ads.
Can I Download the Program That I’m Watching?
Yes, you can download programs for offline viewing, so they don’t require an internet connection to play! Downloaded content will expire after 30 days without a connection.
BBC iPlayer Best Alternative Apps
Stremium: This is a streaming service that allows you to watch LIVE TV and Catch Up on your favorite BBC channels.
Sky Go: This allows you to stream live television, catch up on programs or browse the latest shows from Sky One, Two, Three, and Four. This App is only available for pay-TV customers with an active Sky subscription so make sure you have the right package.
QI Player: This allows you to watch all episodes of QI in full length and tune into BBC Radio programs like The Archers, Woman’s Hour, or PM. This App is only available for pay-TV customers with an active Sky subscription so make sure you have the right package.