When it comes to online courses, Udemy is a trusted name. They have many online courses, with their mobile app helping people watch those courses on the go. Think of the time when you want to relax in your home while learning on a firestick. It will be interesting to watch your Udemy courses on your TV.
The article presents a step-by-step guide on installing Udemy on firesticks and the importance of using your TV to watch online courses. Millions of learners worldwide use the Udemy app to access online courses.
Steps on how to Install Udemy on Firestick
The steps listed below show how to install the Udemy app on Firestick.
Note: We are going to use two methods.
First, we will use the Amazon store to install, and secondly, we will use the downloader app to sideload the Udemy APK file onto firestick.
Method #1: Using Amazon App Store
Step 1. Click Search: Locate the home screen of your firestick device, hover over the Find option, and click on search.
Step 2. Type Udemy and select Udemy from the list of search options.
Step 3. Download and Install Udemy: Click on download and wait for the app to install successfully.
Step 4: Configure your Udemy: Once you finish downloading and installing Udemy, return to your device’s home screen and open the app, and log in with your password and username.
Method #2. Using the downloader App to sideload the APK
Step 1: Launch your firestick device > setting > My Fire TV.
Step 2. Click on Developer Options > Apps from unknown sources and ADB Debugging Turn ON.
Step 3. Return to the home screen. Click on search > downloader app > Get.
Step 4. Select Allow > Ok
Step 5. Select the URL field and type: https://m.apkpure.com/udemy-for-business/com.udemy.android.ufb and click on Go.
Step 6. Now, allow the downloading of the APK file to complete. Click install
And select done.
Step 7. Select Delete to erase the raw APK file.
Step 8. Select Delete again.
Step 9. Return to the home screen and go to the Apps section. There you will find Udemy installed.
How to Sign Up for an Udemy account
Step 1. Open your internet browser and go to https://www.udemy.com/
Step 2. Scroll right and choose to sign up and select login if you already have an account on the platform.
Step 3. Enter your details and don’t forget to use a working email as you will receive a confirmatory email.
Step 4. Return to the Udemy webpage and click on search. Find any course you want to learn and check if it’s free or paid.
What is Udemy?
Udemy is an education platform that offers courses, classes, and lectures. You can learn anything from programming to photography at your own pace in the comfort of your own home or on the go! Udemy has over 40 million students with new content added every day. Whether you’re looking for a quick course about how to make money blogging or want to master Excel formulas, there’s something for everyone on Udemy.
Features of Udemy
- Massive library of classes, lectures, and courses
- Content is available on the go with a Udemy app for all devices (available in both web and mobile versions)
- You can download your course to watch offline or even pass it along to someone else!
- Most content is offered at different levels from beginner to expert depending on what you need.
- Affordable pricing. For example, a class on how to make money blogging can be as low as $20, or for an expert level course about Excel formulas, it’s only $125!
Why Watch Udemy on Your Firestick?
You have plenty of options available in Udemy to watch their courses, but nothing is most interesting like watching them on your Firestick. Unfortunately, even when you have a large desktop, most available TVs have more giant screens.
Some of the reasons why folks prefer to watch Udemy on their Firestick instead of using other available options are:
We all know the saying that goes thus: “bigger is always better.” This statement rings true for many people during a video course. It is always hard to watch after a while if you ever tried to use a smartphone and watch a detailed video course.
Even a laptop or tablet screen can feel small after a long time of watching video courses. However, if you have even a small TV, the screen is more significant than your computer in the following ways:
- You can easily see the details with a bigger screen.
- You can see any smaller print if your course instructor shares instructions on the screen.
- You won’t have as close to it since the screen is extensive. It will prevent eye strain after prolonged use of a computer.
- The primary purpose of building your TV is to watch videos. It helps, as you do not worry about switching between videos.
Of course, we have other benefits of using a bigger screen to watch videos, Udemy or not. While it means you can move around your room without carrying any device, you have to protect your course while staying at home. Also, watching procedures is easier with a bigger screen if someone else wants to join you.
Learn as a Family
Whether family members or not, watching videos with folks is a great way to spend time with someone, your family all need to crowd around your small screen when you want to show them a funny video. But, unfortunately, that is not always the case when watching TV.
Even if you are the only one watching the video course, you will be a bit more comfortable on the couch as you don’t have to balance your laptop on your lap. Also, since your TV is closer to your eye level, you don’t have to worry about looking down.
Udemy has many courses for almost all subjects imaginable, and that includes fitness and health. If you want to take an approach that involves exercise or physical activity, your TV is the perfect place to watch the videos. However, even if you’re the only one going through the course, you don’t want to use a small screen for classes that get you moving.
- A smaller screen means you must be closer to it to see all that is going on. It is hard to locate an excellent place to set your phone or tablets when you need to do an exercise using Udemy.
- Folks should do the exercises as their instructors go through them to get the best from a fitness course. It means giving themselves enough space to finish the moves without being distracted by anything.
- A TV screen will allow you to see from the other side of the room or a few feet away. That means it will be easier to see your instructor for a movement course, and you can make the moves as you learn them.
We need to get moving during a fitness exercise, and Udemy courses can help. But they’re only helpful if you continue to watch them on a large screen. Your TV screen will be large enough so that you can get the most out of courses that help you get active.
Pros of Udemy
- Udemy is an affordable way to acquire new skills at your own pace and convenience.
- You can learn anything from how to fold fitted sheets or speak Arabic in just a few clicks!
- It’s also great for those who work full time because you can pause the course so there are no missed deadlines while still learning something new.
Cons of Udemy
- Some courses are not free. Requires payment
- It’s not the best place to go if you’re looking for a course in practical skills such as CPR or First Aid. For these types of courses, it’s better to rely on more hands-on instruction from an instructor at your local community college.
- You can’t get a certification through Udemy
Your TV is always a great place to watch Udemy video courses. However, when managing your online videos, the connection may not be as reliable as other options available to you. Luckily, you don’t need more than a tablet or smartphone and smart TV. Once you connect the two, you will watch your online courses like any other TV show. The article presents the steps involved in installing Udemy in new and old versions of Firestick. Follow the steps and enjoy the best viewing your TV can give.