Best File Explorer for Firestick 2021 Edition
Since Fire TV Sticks only has 8 GB of storage, I often find myself in the file explorer, seeking things that I can delete or ways to move them to my mobile device. For this, Amazon Fire TV Stick users would require file management applications. We’ve compiled a list of some of the finest Fire TV Stick file managers for you to choose from.
List of Best File Explorer Apps for Firestick
Astro File Manager
Astro File Manager is an all-inclusive file management and organization app for Android devices. The free service provides a variety of features including the ability to organize files, view detailed information about storage space on your phone, back up data securely in case something happens with your device or SD card, move files efficiently without much hassle thanks to its easy drag and drop interface. Astro offers more than just basic file manager abilities – it also has support for cloud services like Google Drive so you can keep track of anything from anywhere!
- Easily accessible from your home screen, Astro File Manager offers a variety of features to help you keep all those files and documents in order.
- Storage cleaner will make sure there is plenty of room for new items by removing old junk or unused data that’s simply taking up space.
- The ability to manage cloud storage across different services like Dropbox or Box ensures everything can be synced seamlessly between devices as well as backed-up safely if needed. And the built-in archiver lets you compress and decompress any file with ease so they’re ready when it counts!
- Difficulty to use for non-techy people.
ES File Explorer
For many firestick users, ES File Explorer is another great file management tool. Among its many features are the recycle bin, root file exploration and concealing, cloud drive and LAN/FTP access as well as a download manager, space analyzer, and a junk file removal tool. The capacity to examine files on a PC through FTP sticks out above all the other capabilities.. The downloader technique is the simplest of all of the other sideloading strategies. Install and launch the downloader to install ES File Manager. Click on Go after pasting “troypoint.com/es” into the address bar. It will download the app’s file, which you can then install using the file that was just downloaded.
- Beautiful User interface
- It can be added to both Google Drive, Dropbox, One Drive, Box, etc. to the list of services.
- Another advantage is the FTP that allows you to transfer files.
- The music recorder, storage analyzer, cleanser, and download manager are all built-in to the program.
- You’ll need to sideload the APK if it’s not accessible on the Amazon App Store.
- No two-pane view is suited for television presentation.
- too many Ads
X-Plore File Manager
File transfers between the fire stick and PC are possible via X-plore File Manager, which is similar to ES File Manager. As with X-Plore File Mnager, you do not need to set up your FTP server. Enabling Wi-Fi file transfer on this app allows you to access and shares data/file through an IP address. There are also root file access, two-pane browsing, online storing platforms like Dropbox and OneDrive integrated into the file system, the capacity to conceal data in a vault, and LAN/FTP/SSH file transfer choices.
- Possibility of accessing root directories
- Available on the Amazon App Store for Firestick
- It does not have Google Drive support features
- The user interface is a little confusing for a non-techy person
Another popular file manager app for Android is Solid Explorer. The paid plan comes with a 14-day trial post which you need to upgrade in order to continue using the service. Solid Explorer organizes quick access panels for different storage media like SD cards or internal memory as well as folders within them. You can customize any element from fonts to margins while also making use of other features when rooted such as root explorer mode – all done without having an adverse effect on your device.
- Supports Chromecast making streaming media straight from Google Drive possible anywhere: at home via TV screen; office using computer monitor or projector screens; hotel conference room when presenting during trade shows/conferences.
- Cloud file management and support for a variety of platforms including WebDav, FTP, SMB clients SFTP, etc.
- Indexed search makes it easy to find what you’re looking for with quick access to files and folders on the fly without having all your data open in one place before searching.
- Create password-protected archives that protect important customer information or company documents from being accessed by unauthorized users while still allowing authorized staff members full unrestricted usage rights—without any worries about forgetting their passwords!
- The App Store does not currently provide this app.
- There are No multiple views on the system.
Due to its limited set of capabilities, TV Explorer is my go-to file management software for Amazon’s Fire TV. Aside from that, it’s one of the most attractive file management applications on the Fire Stick. Images, videos, and audio may be viewed. Wi-Fi share allows you to transfer files through IP and you can also run a speed test for your network from this page as well as do other tasks.
Cloud Devices would indeed be a fantastic addition to this software, however, as of today, you do not have this capability. It has its picture viewer, audio players, media player, and texts viewer in addition to Amaze’s File Explorer. Those files can be played without the need for any other software or applications. In the App Store, you may search for both the app or ask Alexa for it.
- It has the best file manager application
- It does not support ads
- It enables wifi sharing also
- It does not have cloud storage functionalities
Apps 2 Fire
Smartphone users may install Apps 2 Fire on their phones instead of Fire TVs. Enter the Fire Stick IP address found in settings > My Fire TV and Networking, and continue the set-up procedure. Again when the phone is set up, you’ll be able to access all of your data, installed apps, etc. Files may be uploaded and downloaded as well.
If you access the menu by clicking the three dots, you’ll see an ability to capture a snapshot for the Fire TV.
- It has the ability to access root directories
- It can be accessed on the Amazon App Store
- It can capture screenshots for the TV
- It has the limited viewing option
Amaze File Manager
Free software file manager Amaze File Manager is completely convenient and easy to use. There are no in-app purchases or intrusive advertising in this app, but you may donate to its growth via Github if users desire.
The description or grid display of files and directories is available with this file manager, and simple actions like copying and pasting, converting zip files, or deleting or removing files are also supported.
- It is completely free to use
- It has a good and friendly user interface
- You can delete or remove files
- It displays ads
Files By Google
Files by Google offers a clean UI and provides a plethora of different functionalities. You can use it to do some light housekeeping, share files offline wirelessly and even back up documents to your cloud service of choice. The app relies on WPA2 encryption for its secure file transmission between devices using the wireless feature that you can easily find in other apps such as Dropbox or OneDrive if you’re looking for an alternative solution!
- With the latest advanced wireless technology, it is now possible to transfer files and documents wirelessly with up to 480Mbps speeds. As a result of this feature, you will be able to do your work more efficiently without any problems.
- The best part about using this app on your device is that it has included a smart suggestion for file deletion which helps save space in case you need it back later on down the line.
- Furthermore, there is an encrypted wireless file sharing as well so no one else can access what’s yours! Lastly but not least at all; use Drive or any other cloud storage service like DropBox if necessary and backup data safely from anywhere around the world by simply connecting via WiFi hotspot connection.
- Does not support other operating systems like iOS.
FX File Explorer
FX File Explorer is a material design UI, clean and easy-to-use file manager that provides some power-user features like the ability to view binary (hex) data or execute shell scripts remotely. While FX File Explorer offers most of what you would expect from an app in this category such as image viewer, media player support for various cloud services; it also has many more handy features including remote access over FTP with SSL encryption/authentication. The free version comes complete with basic functionality while paid upgrades provide even more useful functionalities like folder sync across devices without having to move your files manually.
- The ability to use one password for all your cloud and network activities. With this single-login feature, you can manage files on the go from any device that has internet access via an intuitive web interface or through command-line tools such as shell scripts executors and binary (hex) viewers like 7zip archive utility.
- Cloud storage support offers a seamless remote file transfer system with dropbox style uploading/downloading capability so it’s easy to share large data sets too!
- Not free. Require subscription.
Total Commander is one of the most complete file managers in this list and comes with a range of functions that are similar to ES File Explorer. One particular feature I find worth mentioning is its ability to work on rooted devices because it lets you access system files if your device has been rooted. This app also includes some basic features like copying/pasting between folders or unzipping compressed files without having any adverts pop out at every turn – which can be an issue for some other apps!
Total Commander is a free, open-source file manager that lets you perform all sorts of actions on your files. You can create buttons for performing different functions and run commands with just one click! It also has support for remote connections through WebDAV, FTP or SFTP clients as well as LAN and popular cloud storage services including Dropbox, Google Drive and OneDrive.
- The file transfer client features an innovative interface with “optimizations” for the visually impaired, root support and many more security options.
- A configurable button bar can be used to perform different actions such as viewing the server’s directory structure or downloading a single document without using FTP commands.
- The application comes in three flavours: FTP-client – which supports protocol FTPS (FTP over SSL/TLS), SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol) and WebDAV; sftp -which also includes an encrypted copy of files on remote servers via SSH tunnelling; WebDAV-clients that allow users to browse their local directories directly from within your browser window while retaining any desired organization scheme under one virtual filesystem tree accessible.
- Not a user-friendly interface for non-techy people.
As you can see from the list, we have lots of apps to choose from. But the question is, which one should I install among the rest? We recommend you check out ES File Explorer. This app offers amazing features with a user-friendly interface and layout. I hope reading through this article, you have seen the List of Best File Explorer Apps for Firestick. We discussed what each file explorer has to offer, pros and cons as well. Feel free to check out any of the file explorer apps and shred your thoughts with us.